To address widening health and social inequalities, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI), Belur Math, and the Global HealthShare® (GHS) initiative at the University of California, Davis (UCD) have begun a novel partnership to improve public health education and outreach efforts and to promote research that will contribute to nutritional health and increased food security in rural, low-income regions adversely impacted by climate change and seasonal disasters.
- Create new partnerships between RKMVERI and UCD faculty, researchers, and students, laying the groundwork for future interdisciplinary collaborations
- Promote cultural exchange and bidirectional learning between international groups
- Understand the influence of culture on the practice of global health, health education, and outreach
- Promote nutritional health, food security, and an upgraded standard of living in rural communities, through the use of innovative education and training technologies
VIVEKDISHA has successfully provided expert services, including online expert services, by involving scholars and technical experts from around the globe to support our project with a diverse wealth of expertise, ideas and contacts. This online collaboration from experts and scholars from various parts of the globe is a valuable addition to our services in the VIVEKDISHA network. Among the scholars and experts who deserve special mention are the following:
(1) Swami Shraddhamayananda, Head, RKM Dispensary, Belur Math
(2) Dr Bijoy Krishna Basak, Resident Doctor, RKM Dispensary, Belur Math
(3) Dr Tarasankar Pal, FNASc, Professor of Chemistry, IIT, Khargapur
(4) Dr Sanku Mallik, Professor of Chemistry, North Dakota State University, USA
Acknowledgements: We express our deep gratitude to all those who have provided academic or financial assistance for this programme. We hope other generous souls will also feel inspired to support this noble cause and make Swami Vivekananda’s dream of a prosperous modern India a reality.
VIVEKDISHA is an Information and Communication Technology -Based (ICT) Network
of the University. It is providing a single window–based services like online education
from secondary to undergraduate level, online teachers’ training, Spiritual Heritage
programmes, telemedicine services, and research programmes. At present we have 21
VIVEKDISHA centres in West Bengal for Online education, Offline education, Book
banks, and other activities.
We sincerely request you and other service-minded individuals to come forward and
help us generously in this noble endeavour to the extent possible. Donations for
VIVEKIDSHA in cash / cheque / DD (drawn in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission
Vivekananda University’ payable at Kolkata) may please be sent to the Vice Chancellor
in the address given below, mentioning its purpose. These contributions are 100% exempted
from Income Tax under section 80G(2)(a)(iiif) of the I.T. Act 1961. The donation
may be in the form of Corpus Fund, the interest of which will be used to run the
VIVEKDISHA programmes or as the yearly running expenses for the same.
Donations may please be sent to the following address:
The Vice Chancellor
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educatioinal and Research Institute
PO. Belur Math, Dist. Howrah
West Bengal –711 202, India