Admission 2014 to M.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology and M.Sc. in Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD)
Applications are invited from both male and female candidates for admission to the following full time courses at the University’s Faculty Centre located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Campus, Narendrapur, Kolkata, West Bengal.
1) M.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology (AgBT):
Eligibility: BSc(Hons.) with minimum 50% marks in Bio-science/Agriculture/related subjects OR BSc (General: 3-year degree) in Bio-Science/Agriculture/related subjects with minimum 55% marks.
2)M.Sc. in Agriculture and Rural Development(ARD)
Eligibility: BSc(Hons.) with minimum 50% marks OR BSc (General: 3-year degree) with minimum 55% marks.
Please note the following:
(1) Result awaited candidates may also apply.
(2) Relaxation of marks allowed for reserved category as per the Government rules.
(3) Forms may be downloaded from the University website and the duly filled in forms may be sent by post to: Dean, IRDM Faculty Centre of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, P.O. Narendrapur, Kolkata 700103, with a demand draft for Rs.300/-, drawn in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, RKMVERI’ payable at Kolkata.
(4) Application form is also available at the Narendrapur Faculty Centre of the University, located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Campus, Narendrapur, (near Main Gate) during office hours (Monday-Saturday) on payment of Rs.250/- by cash.
(5) The last date for issue of forms and submission of completed forms: 10 June 2014 (Tuesday). The completed form has to be submitted along with an additional passport size photograph.
(6) Written admission test will be conducted on 14 June 2014 (Saturday) from 11 am. The result of the written test will be published in the Notice board of IRDM Faculty Centre and also in the website on 17 June 2014 (Tuesday). Interview for the selected candidates will conducted on 21 June 2014 (Saturday) from 10 am.
Note: Outstation candidates will have the option of appearing for their written test at selected Centres of the Ramakrishna Math/Ramakrishna Mission in their own State provided they inform us and obtain permission from us sufficiently in advance.
Note: No travelling or other allowance will be permissible for attending written test/ interview. Further, there will be no provision for accommodation for outstation candidates attending the Written Test/ interview.
(7) Announcement of the results of finally selected candidates will be made immediately after the interview on 21 June 2014 (Saturday).
(8)Admission process will begin immediately after announcement of the results and the selected candidates may get admitted on the same day by paying the requisite fees (Rs. 5100/= as Admission Fee for all courses + Rs 12,000/= as advance Semester Fee of 1st Semester. However, those who fail to get admitted within 20 June 2014 (Friday) will forfeit their right for admission. Also, the admission of candidates who after taking admission fail to attend classes without prior permission of the University within seven days of the beginning of the session on 2 July 2014 (Wednesday) will stand automatically cancelled. Admission of candidates who have not submitted their final mark sheet/certificate in proof of having successfully completed their graduation degree will be provisional and may be cancelled in case they cannot secure required marks as mentioned in the eligibility criteria. The admission will also be cancelled in case they cannot produce their final mark sheets/certificate within 10 days of publication of their final results by the respective University.
Summary of Important Dates:
The following is a summary of the important dates in connection with admission.
(1) Last date for issue of forms and submission of completed forms: 10 June 2014 (Tuesday)
(2) Written admission test: 14 June 2014 (Saturday) from 11 am.
(3) Publication of Result of Written test: 17 June 2014 (Tuesday)
(3) Interview followed by publication of final merit list followed by start of admission: 21 June 2014 (Saturday)
(4) Last date of admission of first list candidates: 26 June 2014 (Thursday) till 4 pm.
(5) Last date of admission of waiting list candidates: 28 June 2014 (Saturday) at 11pm.
(6) Commencement of classes: 2 July 2014 (Wednesday)
Office: 033-2477 2020 (to contact following faculty members
Dr. Md. Nasim Ali: 8902107881
Dr. Somsubhra Chakraborty: 8670125707
(2) For MSc in Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD):
Mr. Amitava Dutta 9830457540
Dr. Rupak Goswami: 9674954840
(Application form)(Prospectus)(Syllabus AgBT) (Syllabus ARD) (Question Paper_Admission Test_AgBT_2013) (Question Pattern_Admission Test_ARD_2013)