Admission 2013 to M.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology and M.Sc./M.A. in Integrated Rural Development and Management (IRDM)
Applications are invited from both male and female candidates for admission to the following full time courses at the University’s Faculty Centre located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Campus, Narendrapur, Kolkata, West Bengal.
1) M.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology (AgBT):
Eligibility: B.Sc. (Hons.) with minimum 50% marks in Bio-science/Agriculture/related subjects OR B.Sc. (General: 3-year degree) in Bio-Science/Agriculture/related subjects with minimum 55% marks.
2) M.Sc./M.A. in Integrated Rural Development and Management (IRDM)
Eligibility for M.Sc. IRDM: B.Sc. (Hons.) with minimum 50% marks OR B.Sc. (General: 3-year degree) with minimum 55% marks.
Eligibility for M.A. IRDM: B.A. (Hons.)/B.S.W. with minimum 50% marks OR B.A. (General: 3-year degree) with minimum 55% marks.
Please note the following:
(1) Result awaited candidates may also apply.
(2) Relaxation of marks allowed for reserved category as per the Government rules.
(3) Forms may be downloaded from the University website and the duly filled in forms may be sent by post to: Dean, IRDM Faculty Centre of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, P.O. Narendrapur, Kolkata 700103, with a demand draft for Rs.300/-, drawn in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, RKMVERI’ payable at Kolkata.
(4) Application form is also available at the Narendrapur Faculty Centre of the University, located at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama Campus, Narendrapur, (near Main Gate) during office hours (Monday-Saturday) on payment of Rs.250/- by cash.
(5) The last date for issue of forms and submission of completed forms: 1 June 2013 (Saturday). The completed form has to be submitted along with an additional passport size photograph.
(6) Written admission test will be conducted on 9 June 2013 (Sunday) from 11 am followed by interview on 17 June 2013 (Monday) from 10 am. The result of the written test will be published in the Notice board of IRDM Faculty Centre and also in the website on 12 June 2013 (Wednesday).
Note: Outstation candidates will have the option of appearing for their written test at selected Centres of the Ramakrishna Math/Ramakrishna Mission in their own State provided they inform us and obtain permission from us sufficiently in advance.
Note: No travelling or other allowance will be permissible for attending written test/ interview. Further, there will be no provision for accommodation for outstation candidates attending the Written Test/ interview.
(7) Announcement of the results of finally selected candidates will be made immediately after the interview on 17 June 2013 (Monday).
(8) Admission process will begin immediately after announcement of the results and the selected candidates may get admitted on the same day by paying the requisite fees (Rs. 5100/= as Admission Fee for all courses + Rs 12,000/= as advance Semester Fee for the 1st Semester for AgBT and IRDM Courses or Rs 10,000/= as advance Semester Fee for the 1st Semester for Sports Science Courses). However, those who fail to get admitted within three working days of the announcement of the final results (that is, by 20 June 2013) will forfeit their right for admission. Also, the admission of candidates who after taking admission fail to attend classes without prior permission of the University within seven days of the beginning of the session on 1 July 2013 will stand automatically cancelled. Admission of candidates who have not submitted their final marksheet/certificate in proof of having successfully completed their B.A./ B.Sc./ B.S.W. courses will be provisional and may be cancelled in case they cannot secure required marks as mentioned in the eligibility Criteria. The admission will also be cancelled in case they cannot produce their final mark sheets/certificate within 10 days of publication of their final results by the respective University.
Summary of Important Dates:
The following is a summary of the important dates in connection with admission.
(1) Last date for issue of forms and submission of completed forms: 1 June 2013 (Saturday)
(2) Written admission test: 9 June 2013 (Sunday) from 11 am
(3) Publication of Result of Written test: 12th June 2013 (Wednesday)
(3) Viva-voce and interview at Narendrapur Centre: 17 June 2013 (Monday) from 10 am
(4) Announcement of the list of finally selected candidates immediately after interview on 17 June 2013 (Monday).
(5) Admission process will begin on the same day, that is, 17 June 2013 and will continue for three more working days, up to and including 20 June 2013. Waitlisted candidates may enquire about their chances of admission on 20 June 2013 and on availability, should report by 11 am on 21 June 2013.
(6) Classes will begin on 01 July 2013 (Monday)
(1) Website: www.rkmvu.ac.in
(2) Contact person: Dr Manas Ghosh, Dean, IRDM Faculty Centre, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, Kolkata 700103.
(3) Contact phone numbers (For AgBT and IRDM) : 033-24772020 (landline—office); mobile phone numbers of the faculty members who will be glad to advice and counsel: 9830457540 / 8902107881 / 9433246593/ 8670125707/ 9433390828.
(4) E-mail: email@example.com